Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
Civil Services Examination is a prestigious examination in India. It is organized by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Administrators are selected through the Civil Services Examination in the country, such as IAS, IFS, IPS, IRS, IRTS, etc.
Preliminary (Objective types) total marks - 400
|Name of paper||No. Of question||Marks||Duration||Nature of paper|
|Paper I||100||200||2 hours||Considered for cut off|
|Paper II||80||200||2 hours||Qualifying in nature|
- negative marking 1/3 rd of the total allotted marks of a particular question will be deducted ,if the question is attempted wrong.
- Each question of paper 1 consists of 2 mark similarly every question asked in paper 2 carries 2.5 marks.
- The question paper will be bilingual, i.e. asked in both English and Hindi.
- Preliminary exam held for appearing in the mains exam,as its the second stage of civil service exam.
Mains Exam (written test) total marks - 1
|Name of paper||Subject||Marks||Time||Medium|
|Paper A||Indian language||300||3 hour||selected|
|Paper 1||Essay||250||-||Hindi and English|
|Paper 2||Art and Culture , History , Geography||250||3 hour||Hindi and English|
|Paper 3||Governance , Constitution, Polity, Social Justice||250||-||Hindi and English|
|Paper 4||Science and Technology, Economics Development, Biodiversity, Security and Disaster Management||250||3 hour||Hindi and English|
|Paper 5||Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude||250||3 hour||Hindi and English|
|Paper 6||Optional Subject||250||3 hour||Hindi and English|
|Paper 7||Optional Subject||250||3 hour||Hindi and English|
- Paper A and B are qualifying in nature.
- All the paper are merit in nature except for the language A and B
- Candidates need to a score a minimum of 25% marks in all paper I to VII to be given weight age in the mains exam.
- The Indian language paper cover any of the language included in the 8th scheduled of the Indian constitution.
- All paper will be bilingual i.e. asked in Hindi and English except for the language paper.
The final stage of the recruitment process of civil service exam.
- Mental alertness
- Clear and logical exposition
- Balance and judgement.
- Variety and depth of interest.
- Intellectual and moral integrity etc.
BOOK references For UPSC
- NCERT Books from class 6th to 12th in History,Geography,Science.
- NCERT Books from 9th to 12th in Economincs,Civics or Political Science
- Freedom Struggel of India by Vipin Chandra
- Mediveabl History by Satish Chandra
- Indian Economy by Dutt & Sundaram,Ramesh Singh & Sanjiv Verma
- Indian Polity by Shubhash Kashyap
- Social Issues by Ram Ahuja
- Indian Geography by Savinder Singh
- MPPSC Download syallabus - http://mppsc.mp.gov.in/Syllabus
- MPPSC Notification. - http://mppsc.mp.gov.in/Advertisement
- MPPSC Previous year paper - http://mppsc.mp.gov.in/Oldquestionpaper
- Mppsc mains formate - http://mppsc.mp.gov.in/Sampleqa