The staff selection commission of India will be conducting SSC CGL exam in four stages:- tier-I, Tier-II, Tier-III and Tier-IV in various post such as –ASO,AAO,CBI etc. Tier I and II exam will be conducted online , Tier-III will be pen and papper based exam and Tier-4 will be computer skill test.
This stage will be conducted online comprising a 4 section will about 100 question in a total and with maximum marks of 200.the entire exam is needed to complete in the time span of 60 minutes. Time duration – 60 minutes. Tier –I Time Duration - 60 minutes
|Sr. No.||Section||No of question( total -100)||Total marks (200)|
- There is a negative marking of 0.50 marks for exam wrong answer.
- There is no sectional cut off
- No point will be deducted is the question is left blank or Unattempted by a candidates.
TierII- Total mark – 200 each paper Time duration –
|Sr. No.||Paper name||No of question||Total marks|
|2||English language and comprehensive||200||200|
|4||General studies (finance & economics)||100||200|
- Paper I and II are mandatory for all posts.
- Paper III is valid only for candidates who now applied for the post of JSO (junior statistical officer) and statistical investigator and were shortlisted in tier-I for this posts.
- Paper IV is valid only for candidates who are applied for the post of assistant audit officer/assistants accounts officer and shortlisted in Tier-I for these posts.
- Penalty of wrong answer- there is a negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer in paper-II and 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in paper –I,III,IV.
Tier –III exam will be descriptive test. The exam will be Hindi/English Total time duration – 60 minute
|Writing of essay, précis, letter, application etc)||100||1 hour|
Tier –IV exam is computer skill test. It will conducted in two steps,DEST TEST and CPT TEST. DEST – candidate are required to type 2000 words in 15 minute on a computer in English. This test is conducted to check a candidates writing skill’s. CPT- this is conducted to check a candidates proficiency in words processing , spreadsheets and generation of slides.
Qualification required – Graduation Age limit -18 to 33 year (relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PWD) Exam pattern – objective + physical test Paper -1( for technical post only ) :-
- Chemistry -33 marks
- Physics – 35 marks
- Maths - 34 marks Total - 100 marks
- Hindi -70 marks
- English – 30 marks Total - 100 marks
- General knowledge – 100 marks
Physical measurement criteria :-
|MP SD. HEIGHT in feet||167.5 or more||152.4 or more|
|Chest (cm)||81(86 expanded)||nill|
- Application must not be physically disable
- Applicant must not be have any vision disability.
- Applicant must not be have knock-knee and flat feet.
|800 meter race||2 min ,40 sec||3 min 30 sec||3 min 15 sec|
|10 inch Jump||13 feet||10 feet||10 feet|
|Short put||9 feet (7.260 kg)||15 feet ( 4 kg)||15 feet( 7.260 kg)|