Madhya Pradesh Civil Service(MPPSC)
Madhya Pradesh civil service or public service is a combined government exam that is conducted to select eligible candidate to various administrative
post in Madhya Pradesh government. The posts offered through State Civil Service are that of deputy collector, deputy superintendent of police, exercise and taxation officer etc.
This exam conduct in 3 stage:-
- I stage - Preliminary:- The preliminary examination is meant to serve as a screening test only to enter into Mains Exam and the marks obtained by the successful candidates will not be counted in final result.
- II stage - Mains:- It is a 6 descriptive paper Gs 1, 2 and 3 general studies papers – 300 marks each. Paper 4 ethics paper marks -200. There is a one essay paper – 100 marks and one Hindi language paper- 200 marks Candidate who qualify mains exam, shell be selected by them for an interview
- Interview It is a final stage of examination. It is a test of candidates overall personality which includes analytical ability, lateral thinking, logical decision making etc. The objective of the interview is to assess the personal suitability of the candidate for a career in public service by a board of competent and unbiased observers
Preliminary (Objective types) total marks - 400
|Name of paper||No. Of question||Marks||Duration||Nature of paper|
|Paper I||100||200||2 hours||Considered for cut off|
|Paper II||100||200||2 hours||Qualifying in nature|
- No negative marking
- Each question of paper 1 and paper 2 consist of 2 mark
- The question paper will be bilingual, i.e asked in both English and Hindi.
- Preliminary for the selection of candidates for mains examination.
Mains Exam (written test) total marks - 1400
|Name of paper||Subject||Marks||Time||Medium|
|Paper 1||Part A (150 marks)||History||300||3 hour||Hindi and English|
|-||Part B(150 marks )||Geography and water and disaster management||-||-||-|
|Paper 2||Part A (150 marks)||Constitution , governance ,political and administrative structure||300||3 hour||Hindi and English|
|-||Part B(150 marks)||Economics and sociology||-||-||-|
|Paper 3||-||Science and technology, energy , evs , geology||300||3 hour||Hindi and English|
|Paper 4||-||Ethics ( philosophy , psychology, public administration)||200||3 hour||Hindi and English|
|Paper 5||-||General Hindi and grammar||200||3 hour||Hindi|
|Paper 6||-||Hindi essay and letter writing||100||2 hour||Hindi|
Interview It is a final stage of examination will carry 175 marks with no minimum qualifying marks. Marks thus obtained by the candidate in mains examination (written part as well as interview) would determine their final ranking. Candidate will be allotted to the various services and post keeping in views their rank in the examination and the preference expressed by them for the service and post.
BOOK references For MPPSC ( pre + mains )
- Hindi Granth Academy for MP GK + Our class notes
- 6 to 10 NCERT books.
- Lakshmikant book for Indian constitution.+ Our Class notes
- Mahesh Barnwal for world and Indian geography.+ Our class notes.
- Lexican for paper IV.+ Our class notes
- TMH book for science and technology.+ Our class notes
- Manthan book for computer
- Books for Indian History already listed in UPSC + Our class notes.
- Hindi Grammer Book "Hindi Ka Manak Vyakaran"
- Current Affairs – Indian Express,Danik Hindustan,Rozgar Nirman ,PIB, AIR, sansad TV.